Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations
The Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations is currently accepting applications. For more information, please consult the Applicant's Guide.
The Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations (the Program) supports such groups to produce sound, independent research to help strengthen the consumer's role in the marketplace. It also encourages the financial self-sufficiency of consumer and voluntary organizations. For detailed information on the Program's application process and assessment criteria for the 2021-23 period, please consult the Applicant's Guide.
Organizations must be incorporated as non-profit corporations in Canada. They must also show that they:
- have a governance structure which assures accountability to a membership representing the consumer interest;
- have a structure, governance and funding arrangements which do not expose them to commercial influence on their research and policy positions;
- are capable of reaching out to Canadian consumers beyond members of the organization itself;
- are competent, credible, and accountable in carrying out the projects; and
- are guided by objectives which are consistent with the objectives of the Program
How to apply
Download the Application Form and complete as instructed in the Applicant's Guide, attach all mandatory additional documentation and click "Apply now" when finished to submit. Receipt of your application package will be acknowledged within two business days.
Application Form (301 KB)
The deadline to submit an application is January 29, 2021 at 15:00 EST.
Recent awarded amounts and funded projects
Visit the Consumer Policy Research Database to view past research projects funded by the Program.
The Office of Consumer Affairs commits to provide quality service to all applicants and funding recipients. For more information, please consult our service standards and performance results.
These service standards were updated in October 2017.
- Date modified: